Friday, July 16, 2010

The Thrill of the Hunt!

I love summer for many reasons. One reason I love summer: Garage Sales! My kids also love garage sales which makes it a fun family activity! :) I have scored some pretty good deals so far this summer. I bought a set of golf clubs for Levi for $1.00, some name brand (practically new) jeans for the bigger boys for a quarter each, a Baby Bjorn carrier for the baby for $5.00 and a few other odds and ends.
This morning, I loaded the kiddos up in the van and headed off to Wal-Mart. (I needed to print a few pictures) On our way, I saw signs for a community yard sale... and well, I just couldn't resist. I almost didn't go because I knew the baby would be getting hungry soon, but I decided to drive by and only stop if something really caught my eye... it did! I passed one house that wasn't having a garage sale, but had these two trikes by the side of the road with a sign on them - FREE! (I was shocked and delighted!)
The lady said that her grandkids had simply outgrown them and she didn't need them anymore. They were a little dirty (nothing a little soap and water can't fix!) and we actually already had the green one (a previous garage sale treasure), but for that price I am sure we can find a good home for it! :)

1 comment:

  1. How adorable!! The boys look like they love them to pieces. What a fun find!

    ReplyDelete