Thursday, May 27, 2010

Growing fast

I snapped this photo of my daughter on Monday night. Ray was at the YMCA playing racquetball (as he does every Monday) and I was busy getting my boys into their jammies and tucking them into bed. After the boys were in bed, I came back into the living room and this is how I found my daughter... sitting on the couch reading "Junie B. Jones"! (she recently told me how much she loves reading chapter books)

I couldn't believe how grown up she looked to me all curled up with her chapter book! I remember a time, not long ago, when she was just beginning learning to read and struggling with her first set of sight words. The time has gone so fast and she has become quite the reader!
Anna, at this moment you seem very grown-up to me (that makes me a little sad). You are becoming such a loving and kind young lady! I am very proud of you and I love you more than you can imagine!

1 comment: