Tuesday, June 8, 2010

our life

Life has been really busy for our family this past week. It was especially busy for me as I was preparing for our yard sale. (I never knew how much work a yard sale can be!) I am the type of person who likes organization! I do not function well under chaos, so when the pile of items to sell in our yard sale started to take over the guest bedroom, it drove me crazy! I wanted to spend all my free time organizing that room and getting things perfectly organized for the sale, but I knew that I also needed to be spending time with my boys.

On a rainy Thursday, I decided to ignore all things pertaining to the yard sale and just enjoy my boys for the day. We built a tent in the living room and had a lot of fun. We sat under the blanket and sang songs and I told them stories... about Noah, Joseph and David. What a fun way to spend a rainy day!


Our yard sale was on Friday and Saturday. My main motivation for the sale was to sell all of my little girl clothes that were starting to take over my house! My mom also came to help out with a bunch of things from her house that she wanted to sell. I joked that our yard looked more like a small flea market than a yard sale! :) (should have taken a picture!)

On Friday afternoon, we ended the yard sale a little early because we were headed to a Lake county Captains Game. Last time we went, the game went into extra innings and it started to rain, so we didn't stay for the post game fireworks. Levi was disappointed, so we promised him that next time we went to a game, we would stay for the fireworks. The game lasted 11 innings... despite the rain, but we stuck it out. Noah was getting a little fussy, so my mom took him for a walk while the 5 of us watched the fireworks all huddled under one large umbrella! I would have preferred to watch the fireworks without the rain, but it was a great family bonding moment!

Our yard sale continued on Saturday and it was a very enjoyable day. We got to meet many neighbors, hear about things that are going on in their lives, pray for them and invite some of them to church. Overall it was a very enjoyable... but long.... weekend.

Because of the yard sale, I hardly did any housework over the weekend, and now I am trying to get caught up! (not an easy task!) Today is also Anna's last day of school and I am looking forward to having her home all summer. She told me this morning that she was going to leave the house as a first grader and come home as a second grader. Wow, they grow fast!

1 comment:

  1. I see Living Room Tents are in fashion now a days! Glad the sale went well!

    ReplyDelete