Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sweet tooth

I love sweets! Always have.

We had some friends over on Friday night, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try out my recipe for Snickerdoodle cake. It did not disappoint! :)

I usually go for all things chocolate, but this cake was delicious!!! (I plan on making it again on Thursday for a special birthday treat!)

Here is the recipe if anyone is interested:

1 package plain white cake mix

1 cup milk

8 Tbsp (1 stick) butter, melted

3 large eggs

1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer until well blended. Divide batter equally into two (greased and floured) 9" round cake pans. Bake at 350 for 27 to 29 minutes.

Frosting:

8 Tbsp. (1 stick) butter, room temperature

3 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted

3 Tbsp. milk

1 tsp. vanilla extract

Blend butter with electric mixer until fluffy. Stop the machine and add the sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat until light and fluffy (adding more milk if the frosting seems too stiff).

I lightly sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on the top of my cake for a "finishing touch".

Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh... might have to try that one... better have company over soon so we don't eat the entire cake ourselves! Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will LOVE it! :)(good idea about the company... that is why I waited to make it!)

    ReplyDelete